Monday, November 12, 2012

OPI ROYAL RAJAH RUBY

O.P.I Royal Rajah Ruby

I bought this color last year and ended up not liking it on my nails, so I tossed it to the bottom of my nail polish box and there it has stayed unused since last fall. Sunday night though I dug into the bottom of my box and spotted it. I thought might as well give it another go cause I mean, why the heck not. So as I applied it, I thought mehh, flat, boring, dull. It still wasn't doing it for me. But then, then! I applied my sally hansen mega shine top coat and that made all the difference. It added the boost of shine and dimension that it needed. All throughout the day I found myself staring at my nails and we all know when that happens, you know you have a great one on your hands!

I typically don't wear reds, burgundy's or berry colored polishes just because I don't think they look that flattering on me. This one though is dark, deep and vampy, yet it still manages to allow enough of the red tones to show through that it isn't one of those 'almost black' colors. If your considering this, just keep in mind that it can pull slightly brown which may put some off to it. I definitely know this is a color I'll be re-applying well into the holidays and winter. Glad I gave this another chance, it's a real gem! (Ha! see what I did there! Ruby? Gem?..No? okay. I'll leave now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment