Monday, November 26, 2012

MY 21st BIRTHDAY

Usually I am not one of those poeple who counts down the days for my birthday or announces it to those around me, and dare I admit that I actually dread getting birthday calls, someone tell me I'm not the only one? I'm just one of those people who prefers to blend into the crowd rather then be the center of attention. But this year 21 was clearly a big one! which needed to be welcomed in and counted down weeks before.

Since I do have a twin brother all the details from which cake to order, which restaurant to go to and all that has to be agreed upon by both. Normally it takes many conversations to decide on all that since we do have very different tastes. Fortunately my brother is also very laid back and is simple as can be. He could care less about all those finer details. So knowing how much I obsess over all those details, he said that I can choose everything and his only request was that he have his favorite meal at a Asian bistro for lunch. So that is where we started our day. While my younger brothers were at school and my dad at work, my mom took us for a nice lunch. She also made arrangements to pick up the cake after, so we drove to the bakery and while we were there we each choose a small pastry to enjoy. The rest of the afternoon was spent getting ready and changing outfits for the evening.

For dinner everyone met at one of our favorite tex-mex restaurant. Next, we drove home and took loads of pictures, watched birthday videos that my dad had chosen for us to watch, opened gifts and cards, got sung to and ate some cake. For the rest of the evening my brother and I spent it surrounded by our favorite people enjoying the night.

It was a bit of a struggle to wake up so early the next morning but we eventually got up, packed and got in the car for a girls only trip to Dallas for the weekend. More on that in a later post! Overall I had an amazing 21st Birthday and I have to say it feels pretty good to finally be 21. It's also kinda scary though since all those huge life moments apparently happen in your 20s, exciting times ahead!! Now one promise I want to make to myself is that from this moment on, I will use day and night creams, eye creams, and serums or something of that sort every night and day. No excuses. I'm telling myself right now! I better stick to it, cause I know I don't want to regret that in a few years. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy 21st Birthday! It is indeed a milestone birthday as some of my best memories are of that age. And you're right - some of the biggest life changing things will happen in your twenties - so savour every moment, laugh as much as possible, love as frequent as you can and live your life to it's fullest :) And yes, moisturise frequently (I've only started recently with the night creams and eye creams as I'm paranoid about wrinkles!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for this comment, very sweeet message. :) You are so right! and thank you for that advice. I'm definitely working on learning to just enjoy more moments, I too often get caught up with what I need to do next, and worry about needing to have everything figured out. But I'm very much looking forward to all the fun adventures ahead! Hope they are as fun as many say! ah I'm already slipping with moisturizing I just need to really get in the habbit lol

      Delete